Bring some future joy into your life… Make plans even if you have to change them later!
Travel with Confidence: Safe Travel Protocols
We have always operated our holidays in a responsible way and the welfare and safety of our customers is the first priority of everyone at The Natural Adventure Company. We have received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s (WTTC) Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with the assurance that we have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols for tour operators – so you can experience Safe Travels in line with recommendations from the World Health Organization. Before we organise a trip in any destination, our itinerary will undergo a comprehensive risk assessment and audit, while our local partners will complete COVID-19 health and safety training.
Book with Confidence: Total Flexibility
This is a summary of our conditions valid for bookings made on or after 1 October 2020. You can read the full Booking Conditions here. For bookings made before 30 September 2020 the respective T&C in force as of the date the booking was made will apply.
- Full Refund Guarantee. The welfare and safety of our customers is our first priority and official government advice or local restrictions may force us to cancel your holiday. In such a case we are among the few travel companies who are offering a full refund of all moneys paid within 7 days of original departure date. Or if you prefer, we can keep the amount paid as a travel credit to be used by you on any of our adventures, anytime. We will typically consider cancelling a trip within the 30-day window prior to the tour start date. This applies to the official advice of your home or destination government – e.g. quarantines, lockdowns, or advice against non-essential travel.
- Covid-19 Refund Promise. If you are unable to travel because you or a member of your party is diagnosed with Covid-19, you may cancel your booking within 30 days of departure (up to and including the day of departure) and get a full refund within 7 days of original departure date. You only have to provide us with appropriate official evidence of the Covid-19 diagnosis (e.g. copy of the test result confirmation).
- Cancel for Any Reason. We offer additional peace of mind with our optional CFAR coverage. Should you decide to cancel your trip for any reason up to 30 days before departure we will fully refund you (less the cost of the coverage itself) within 7 days after cancellation, no questions asked.
- No Date Change Fees. If you decide to postpone your trip, most of our adventure holidays now offer free date change*, provided that it is requested 30+ days before departure.
- 10% Deposits. We take some of the lowest deposits in the adventure travel industry (10% of the total booking value, minimum £150 pp or the equivalent in other currencies; does not apply to Summit Treks).
- Transferrable Lifetime Deposits. Should you decide to cancel your tour (we never ask our customers to justify their reasons for cancellation), you will never lose your deposit. No small print here. Any deposit you have paid is good for any adventure you book with us in your lifetime. You can also transfer your initial deposit to someone else of your choice at no additional charge as a wedding gift, anniversary, birthday or Christmas present – the list is endless!
- Relaxed Balance Payment Terms. While many adventure travel companies take balance payments 56, 60 or even more days before departure, we ask balances to be paid only 45 days in advance. And if you pay your full balance when booking, we will give you a 5% early balance payment discount!
- Full Financial Protection. We are a duly licensed and registered Tour Operator and Tour Agent, European Union license No. PK-01-7935. We are bonded by mandatory Public/Product Liability Insurance (also known as Tour Operator insurance), policy No. 13160190900000001 issued by Allianz Insurance with a coverage limit of EUR 450,000.00 per event. We are fully compliant with the EU Package Travel Directive (2015/2302/EU). In accordance with these regulations, all clients booking with The Natural Adventure Company are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequent prepayments, including repatriation if required arising from cancellation or curtailment of your holiday due to our insolvency.
*In case the tour booked has seasonal pricing or there are exchange rate fluctuations, the price of the holiday might be different depending on the new date chosen – you will have to pay the difference if the price is higher or we will refund it if it is lower. While we will waive our date change fee, in some cases we will have to pass to you any non-refundable charges imposed by our suppliers.
Travel Vouchers: Save up to 15%; Go Whenever and Wherever
If you are not sure where or when you want to travel, you can buy a lifetime travel voucher that never expires. For a limited time, you can enjoy a discount of up to 15% off their face value; the vouchers can also be purchased as gift cards.
Note that other discounts and promo codes cannot be applied on vouchers as they have already been discounted. Tour departure date must be at least 6 months from the date of buying the voucher. Vouchers cannot be applied to already booked holidays.
We strongly recommend protecting the cost of your trip and other non-refundable travel expenses with travel insurance. Our Signature Travel Insurance allows you to insure all of your expenses. For complete peace of mind, we also recommend enrolling with Global Rescue, the worldwide leader in field rescue, evacuation and security extraction services. Read more and get a quote online.
Our Promise: Financial Protection and Happiness Guarantee
The Natural Adventure Company was formed in 2009 by Peter Duncan and Alex Pazderski, who both love hiking in the natural world. We also love to present great packages that take care of all the logistical details so that our walkers and cyclists can relax and responsibly enjoy the freedom of their self guided adventures. Our destination and route specialists are locally-based and we regularly enjoy the hikes and rides ourselves, ensuring that our adventurers have constant access to our unique insight on the best routes and accommodation, together with the most engaging natural, cultural and historical landmarks. We have offices in London (UK), Dublin (Ireland) and Sofia (Bulgaria).
The Natural Adventure Company is a registered Tour Operator and Tour Agent, European Union license No. PK-01-7935, bonded by mandatory Public/Product Liability Insurance (also known as Tour Operator insurance), policy No. 13160190900000001 issued by Allianz Insurance. We are fully compliant with the EU Package Travel Directive (2015/2302/EU). In accordance with these regulations, all clients booking with The Natural Adventure Company are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequent prepayments, including repatriation if required arising from cancellation or curtailment of your holiday due to our insolvency.
Since 2009 we’ve been building friendships with our hoteliers and local suppliers, so when you book a Natural Adventure holiday you can be confident that you will not only be getting the best advice and experience but that you will also be getting an honest price. As standard, your holiday with us includes all basic elements (overnights in hand-picked accommodations, breakfasts, ground transfers and luggage transfers, maps, route notes and GPS tracks) and many additional extras.
- Our carefully researched and tested routes are regularly updated
- Our holidays are centred within the most spectacular natural environments
- Our accommodation is always hand-picked for comfort and a warm welcome
- Our locally based teams and representatives are always available to advise and support our walkers and cyclists
- Full support from our London, Ireland and Bulgarian bases
- All payments processed by Checkout.com, Stripe and PayPal’s secure servers; we accept all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and AmEx)
We pride ourselves on the happiness of our customers (and it’s our customer reviews that confirm it), and we have a policy designed to hold us accountable to that. So if you feel let down by the service you received, please contact us. We will reach all parties involved to validate the problems and see if and where things went wrong. If the problem was within the control of either ourselves or our local providers, we will offer you a refund that’s proportional to the scale of the problem. To help us make this policy work fairly and properly for everyone, it is of paramount importance that:
- If something is not as expected or you need assistance, please first contact our local office/representative at the coordinates provided in your pre-departure info pack. They are usually available 24/7 and ready to assist you and immediately fix the problem.
- If you have an issue with an accommodation or transport provider (e.g. you are not given the type of room you booked), the best approach would be first to try to liaise directly with them. If they are not cooperating, please call our local office/representative. In any case, it is of paramount importance that you raise the issue at the moment; it is much harder or sometimes impossible to remedy such problems post factum.
Message from Our Co-Founders
We have always designed our holidays in a responsible way that gives back to local people and provides you with a more rewarding experience. We have worked through many periods of uncertainty and we believe that responsible adventure travel is a great form of wealth redistribution and it is making a huge difference in the lives of many people and the small communities in the countries where we operate. The welfare of our customers is the first priority of everyone at The Natural Adventure Company. And we also have a commitment to our wonderful team and to our lovely local partners and suppliers, most of which are small family-run businesses who have been disproportionately impacted by the recent events.
Being committed to making tourism a more caring industry, we would like to thank you for your continued support and we hope when you plan your next trip you will think of The Natural Adventure Company.
Peter Duncan & Alex Pazderski
EU Country Restrictions: Interactive Tool
Country Restrictions: Interactive Map by IATA
Our Featured Adventures
This is an amazing self guided walking holiday in the Rhodope Mountains in Bulgaria, unique to The Natural Adventure Company. The Rhodopes are the vastest and most culturally diverse mountain range in Bulgaria, offering endless exploration possibilities.
Explore some of Romania’s most stunning mountain landscapes and soak up the unique culture of Transylvania on this inspiring self guided walk. Discover a beautiful country with a rich and fascinating history.
This is our most popular walking holiday in Catalonia for a reason. Costa Brava is a walker’s paradise, boasting a thousand-year-old network of footpaths and offering diverse natural landscapes, warm hospitality and great cuisine – and there is something to suit everyone.
Our Lakes and Valleys of Slovenian Alps walking holiday in Slovenia will take you to the famous Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj on an unforgettable walking tour through a picturesque landscape. You will walk through deep green forests and lush meadows of wild flowers. Suitable for hikers of very average fitness, families, groups of friends and highly recommended for photography enthusiasts.
Explore the beauty of Austria’s Lake District, where dramatic mountains plunge into sparkling blue glacial lakes, creating fjord-like landscapes. Salzkammergut lies to the east of Salzburg, the city of Mozart, in the shadow of the Dachstein Summit (2,995 m).
Our South Montenegro and Kotor Bay self guided walking holiday offers a truly wonderful itinerary which includes some of the best walks in Southern Montenegro, considered to be one of the most breathtaking areas in the whole of Eastern Europe. Accommodation is in charming 4-star hotels.
Experience European hiking as it used to be. This is a walking tour for intrepid travellers who are eager to discover the beauty of the Albanian Accursed Mountains at their own pace. The Accursed Mountains offer breathtaking natural scenery and great hiking opportunities in some of the last untamed natural locations and wilderness available in Europe.
Walk the last 100 km of the classic French Way (Camino Frances) of the Camino from Saria to Santiago (the minimum required to earn your Compostela). Traverse the undulating landscapes of Galicia and reward your efforts in Santiago de Compostela, the heart and hub of all pilgrimages on the Way of St James.
This guided boat and bike tour of Dalmatia and its islands starts and ends in Split, exploring amazing coastlines, medieval towns, old villages and picturesque bays. You will be based on a traditional steel-hulled vessel, offering accommodation in simple but comfortable en-suite double or twin cabins.
The Dingle Way is one of Ireland’s most beautiful walking trails. On our Dingle Way Highlights itinerary you will take in all the best sections of the Way from Camp in eight days – diverse landscapes, rich archaeological sites and friendly hosts. And with the ease of luggage transfers, the Dingle Way will offer you an unforgettable experience.
The Danube Cycle Path from Passau to Vienna is Europe’s most popular cycling route. It goes on a dedicated cycling path along the river, so you will be able to marvel the natural beauty around you without worrying about any car traffic. On your way, you will also have plenty of time to stop and indulge yourself in the culinary delights of the region.
On our Jewels of the Dalmatian Coast walking holiday you will enjoy an island hopping walking adventure along Croatia’s stunning Adriatic coast. Walk the cobbled streets of Split and the quiet trails of rural Dalmatia, then explore the island idyll of Hvar, Korčula, Šipan and Mljet, and spend two nights in the beautiful Dubrovnik.