Bring some future joy into your life… Make plans even if you have to change them later!
Travel with Confidence: Safe Travels Protocols
We have always operated our holidays in a responsible way, and the welfare and safety of our customers is the priority of everyone at The Natural Adventure Company. We have received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s (WTTC) Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with the assurance that we have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols for tour operators – so you can experience Safe Travels in line with recommendations from the World Health Organization. Before we organise a trip in any destination, our itinerary will undergo a comprehensive risk assessment and audit, while our local partners will complete COVID-19 health and safety training.
Book with Confidence: Total Flexibility
This is a summary of our conditions valid for bookings made on or after 01 January 2021. You can read the full Booking Conditions here. For bookings made before 30 September 2020 the respective T&C in force as of the date the booking was made will apply.
- Full Refund Guarantee. The welfare and safety of our customers is our first priority and official government advice or local restrictions may force us to cancel your holiday. In such a case we are among the few travel companies who are offering a full refund of all money paid within 7 days of the original departure date. Or if you prefer, we can keep the amount paid as a travel credit to be used by you on any of our adventures, anytime. We will typically consider cancelling a trip within the 30-day window prior to the tour start date. This applies to the official advice of your home or destination government – e.g. quarantines, lockdowns, or advice against non-essential travel.
- Cancel for Any Reason. We offer additional peace of mind with our optional CFAR coverage via our insurance partners Global Rescue and World Nomads.
- No Date Change Fees. If you decide to postpone your trip, many of our adventure holidays now offer free date change*, provided that it is requested 30+ days before departure.
- 10% Deposits. We take some of the lowest deposits in the adventure travel industry (10% of the total booking value; does not apply to Summit Treks and Bike & Boat tours). And for a limited period (up to 31 January 2021) we offer 5% discounts and take only 1% deposits!
- Relaxed Balance Payment Terms. While many adventure travel companies take balance payments 56, 60 or even more days before departure, we ask balances to be paid only 45 days in advance.
- Full Financial Protection. We are a duly licensed and registered Tour Operator and Tour Agent, European Union license No. PK-01-7935. We are bonded by mandatory Public/Product Liability Insurance (also known as Tour Operator insurance), policy No. 13160190900000001 issued by Allianz Insurance with a coverage limit of EUR 450,000.00 per event. We are fully compliant with the EU Package Travel Directive (2015/2302/EU). In accordance with these regulations, all clients booking with The Natural Adventure Company are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequent prepayments, including repatriation if required arising from cancellation or curtailment of your holiday due to our insolvency.
*In case the tour booked has seasonal pricing or there are exchange rate fluctuations, the price of the holiday might be different depending on the new date chosen – you will have to pay the difference if the price is higher or we will refund it if it is lower. While we will waive our date change fee, in some cases we will have to pass to you any non-refundable charges imposed by our suppliers.
We strongly recommend protecting the cost of your trip and other non-refundable travel expenses with travel insurance. Our Signature Travel Insurance allows you to insure all of your expenses. For complete peace of mind, we also recommend enrolling with Global Rescue, the worldwide leader in field rescue, evacuation and security extraction services. Read more and get a quote online.
Our Promise: Financial Protection and Happiness Guarantee
The Natural Adventure Company was formed in 2009 by Peter Duncan and Alex Pazderski, who both love hiking in the natural world. We also love to present great packages that take care of all the logistical details so that our walkers and cyclists can relax and responsibly enjoy the freedom of their self guided adventures. Our destination and route specialists are locally-based and we regularly enjoy the hikes and rides ourselves, ensuring that our adventurers have constant access to our unique insight on the best routes and accommodation, together with the most engaging natural, cultural and historical landmarks. We have offices in London (UK), Dublin (Ireland) and Sofia (Bulgaria).
The Natural Adventure Company is a registered Tour Operator and Tour Agent, European Union license No. PK-01-7935, bonded by mandatory Public/Product Liability Insurance (also known as Tour Operator insurance), policy No. 13160190900000001 issued by Allianz Insurance. We are fully compliant with the EU Package Travel Directive (2015/2302/EU). In accordance with these regulations, all clients booking with The Natural Adventure Company are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequent prepayments, including repatriation if required arising from cancellation or curtailment of your holiday due to our insolvency.
Since 2009 we’ve been building friendships with our hoteliers and local suppliers, so when you book a Natural Adventure holiday you can be confident that you will not only be getting the best advice and experience but that you will also be getting an honest price. As standard, your holiday with us includes all basic elements (overnights in hand-picked accommodations, breakfasts, ground transfers and luggage transfers, maps, route notes and GPS tracks) and many additional extras.
- Our carefully researched and tested routes are regularly updated
- Our holidays are centred within the most spectacular natural environments
- Our accommodation is always hand-picked for comfort and a warm welcome
- Our locally based teams and representatives are always available to advise and support our walkers and cyclists
- Full support from our London, Ireland and Bulgarian bases
- All payments processed by Checkout.com, Stripe and PayPal’s secure servers; we accept all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and AmEx)
We pride ourselves on the happiness of our customers (and it’s our customer reviews that confirm it), and we have a policy designed to hold us accountable to that. So if you feel let down by the service you received, please contact us. We will reach all parties involved to validate the problems and see if and where things went wrong. If the problem was within the control of either ourselves or our local providers, we will offer you a refund that’s proportional to the scale of the problem. To help us make this policy work fairly and properly for everyone, it is of paramount importance that:
- If something is not as expected or you need assistance, please first contact our local office/representative at the coordinates provided in your pre-departure info pack. They are usually available 24/7 and ready to assist you and immediately fix the problem.
- If you have an issue with an accommodation or transport provider (e.g. you are not given the type of room you booked), the best approach would be first to try to liaise directly with them. If they are not cooperating, please call our local office/representative. In any case, it is of paramount importance that you raise the issue at the moment; it is much harder or sometimes impossible to remedy such problems post factum.
Message from Our Co-Founders
We have always designed our holidays in a responsible way that gives back to local people and provides you with a more rewarding experience. We have worked through many periods of uncertainty and we believe that responsible adventure travel is a great form of wealth redistribution and it is making a huge difference in the lives of many people and the small communities in the countries where we operate. The welfare of our customers is the first priority of everyone at The Natural Adventure Company. And we also have a commitment to our wonderful team and to our lovely local partners and suppliers, most of which are small family-run businesses who have been disproportionately impacted by the recent events.
Being committed to making tourism a more caring industry, we would like to thank you for your continued support and we hope when you plan your next trip you will think of The Natural Adventure Company.
Peter Duncan & Alex Pazderski