Your booking confirmation is subject to availability on your requested travel dates. Once you submit your online booking form, we will check and confirm your booking for your chosen dates to you.Under no circumstances must you make any flight reservations before receiving your booking confirmation.
Please note July and August usually are busy periods in many destinations, and we would recommend booking as early as possible.
Full trip documentation is included in the cost of your trip. Typically you will receive a holiday information pack (either by email in advance or a hard copy on arrival – or both) including:
- Detailed trip itinerary
- Tickets (for public transport transfers – if included)
- Travel connection schedules (if needed)
- List of accommodations (always emailed in advance)
- Destination information and joining instructions (always emailed in advance)
- Detailed day-by-day walking route guidance notes
- Topo maps
- 24/7 contact numbers and emergency assistance details (always emailed in advance)
Third party adventure activities and excursions, as well as extensions, are available as optional extras on selected trips and can be paid locally.
The list below provides a general guideline to what’s included/what’s not for our self-guided holidays. Please visit individual trip pages for specific details.
- Detailed holiday information pack and route notes (electronic, hard copy, or both)
- Accommodation on all nights
- Breakfasts (and also dinners and packed lunches where there are no alternative places to eat)
- Daily luggage transport to next hotel of 1 bag of up to 20 kg per person (lower limit on some holidays; on our hut to hut holidays on some days you will need to carry your backpack)
- All internal transfers as listed in itinerary as well as airport transfers on some itineraries
- 24/7 phone assistance by our local team
Options and extras
- On selected holidays you can either rent from us a handheld GPS device with preloaded tracks for all walks, or we can provide free of charge the GPS tracks or a smartphone app with preloaded routes and maps that works offline (no roaming charges)
- Private airport transfers (if not included in standard trip package)
Solo traveller supplement
- Many of our holidays are available for solo travellers. As accommodation and transfer costs are not shared, a supplement is payable on the standard trip cost which varies for the different programmes.
Single room supplement
- In many hotels, you can book a single room (or single use of double room) instead of the standard twin/double room share. This comes at an extra cost, typically 20-30% on top of the standard cost per person.
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, extra transfers, tips and gratuities, etc.
- Any items not explicitly mentioned in the programme
Changes to the booking
Once you have booked, you can make changes to the booking (they depend on availability and are not always possible), e.g. change the number of people, change the starting date, add or remove options or extras. Each change will be subject to an additional charge (typically £25 per change). Changes to the booking after the balance is paid and/or holiday information pack is delivered are rarely possible.
Although we have tried to develop a diverse mix of itineraries, in case you cannot find the right holiday for you, we would be happy to design a bespoke itinerary for you.