Your booking confirmation is subject to availability on your requested travel dates. Once you submit your online booking form and pay deposit, we will check and confirm your booking for your chosen dates to you. Under no circumstances must you make any flight reservations before receiving your booking confirmation.
Please note July and August usually are busy periods in many destinations, and we would recommend booking as early as possible.
It is a mandatory condition of booking with us that all group members have a valid travel insurance which includes cover for all activities included in your trip. We have teamed up with WorldNomads.com to offer you adequate cover at a great value from a reputable insurer, and it takes only a few minutes to buy online.
Full trip documentation is included in the cost of your trip. You will receive a holiday information pack (one pack per party, additional copies available upon request) including:
- Detailed trip itinerary
- Tickets (if flights included)
- Travel connection schedules. Public transport info (or private transfers can be pre-booked)
- List of accommodations
- Destination information and background guide
- Detailed day-by-day walking route guidance notes
- Maps: 1:25,000 (or higher where not available)
- 24/7 contact numbers and emergency assistance details.
Third party adventure activities and excursions, as well as extensions, are available as optional extras on selected trips and can be paid locally.
The list below provides a general guideline to what’s included/what’s not for our self-guided holidays. Please visit individual trip pages for specific details.
- Detailed holiday information pack
- Accommodation for all nights
- Breakfasts (and also dinners and packed lunches on some holidays where there are no alternative places to eat)
- Daily luggage transport to next hotel of 1 bag of up to 20 kg per person (lower limit on some holidays; on our hut to hut holidays on some days you will need to carry your backpack)
- All internal transfers as listed in itinerary as well as airport transfers* on some itineraries
- 24/7 assistance by phone
*Please note that only one airport transfer per party from the airport is included, though additional transfers can be arranged. It is advisable therefore that all party members arrive on the same flight or at least at a similar time. Night transfer extra charges may be applicable to private transfers in case of late night arrivals.
Options and extras
- On selected holidays you can either rent from us a handheld GPS device with preloaded tracks for all walks, or we can provide free of charge a smartphone app with preloaded routes and maps that works offline (no roaming charges)
- Private airport transfers (if not included in standard trip package)
Solo traveller supplement
- Some holidays are available for solo travellers. As costs are not shared, typically a 20% to 40% supplement is payable on the standard trip cost.
Single room supplement
- In many hotels, you can book a single room instead of the standard twin/double room share. This comes at an extra cost, typically 20% of the standard cost per person.
- Flights and (on some holidays) connecting land transfers to first / from last accommodation
- Lunches, dinners, drinks & snacks (unless otherwise specified in the trip itinerary)
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, extra transfers, tips, etc.
- Any items not explicitly mentioned in the program
Changes to the booking
Once you have booked, you can make changes to the booking (they depend on availability and are not always possible), e.g. change the number of people, change the starting date, add or remove options or extras. The first change is free of charge; any following change is charged GBP 30 per booking. Changes to the booking after the balance is paid and/or holiday information pack is delivered are rarely possible and may be subject to an additional charge.
Although we have tried to develop a diverse mix of itineraries, in case you cannot find the right holiday for you, we would be happy to design a bespoke itinerary. This is subject to availability and is related to extra costs and effort for us, and we charge GBP 30 per booking for developing a custom itinerary.