From the capital of South Tyrol, through the picturesque countryside of Verona, Vicenza, Padua and across Lake Garda to Venice, we offer you all the highlights of northern Italy in a single trip. Besides the stunning sceneries on the way, you will also be able to enjoy many traditional Italian taverns and cafes and relax in the thermal spas in Abano. The terrain is flat to slightly hilly, so some biking experience is needed to make the most of the holiday. In case you want to enjoy the trip in the highest comfort, there is an option for 4-star accommodation in each of the overnight locations.
- Bolzano in South Tyrol
- Old towns of Verona, Vicenza and Padua
- Boat ride on Lake Garda
- The Soave vineyards
- Piazza San Marco in Venice
Click to view map
Day 1: Arrival in Bolzano
Arrival at the hotel on your own. Welcome briefing and bike fitting.
- Accommodation: Hotel Chrys
Day 2: Bolzano – Trento | 70 km
You pedal along the beautiful cycle paths along the river Adige, partly through orchards, to Salorno, where the German-speaking Tyrol ends. The pathways along a dam lead right to the picturesque town of Trento.
- Accommodation: Hotel Everest
- Distance for the day: approx. 70 km
Day 3: Trento – Lake Garda South | 50 km
Today you continue cycling along the Adige to Rovereto from where the tour leads westwards towards Lake Garda. In Mori, you can taste the world-famous pistachio ice cream in the Gelateria Bologna. After a short ascent, you cycle down to the lake and on to Riva. From here, a boat trip will take you down the entire length of the lake to Sirmione or Desenzano.
- Accommodation: Hotel Astoria
- Distance for the day: approx. 50 km + boat trip
Day 4: Lake Garda South – Verona | 50 km
Partly flat and partly hilly, the route will take you through the vineyards on to Verona, a town full of sights (the Festival Arena, Juliet’s house, the old town walls).
- Accommodation: Hotel Porta Palio
- Distance for the day: approx. 50 km
Day 5: Verona – Vicenza | 70 km
Today’s route is initially flat, and then you cycle through the Monti Berici hills to the excursion area of Vicenza, with a beautiful view over the city. To make this longer stage a bit shorter, you can also travel the first part by train to San Bonifacio. In the old town of Vicenza, you can feel the spirit of Palladio, the famous architect from the Middle Ages.
- Accommodation: Hotel Tiepolo
- Distance for the day: approx. 70 km
Day 6: Vicenza – Abano Terme/Padua | 35-45 km
On leaving Vicenza, you will see numerous Venetian villas, such as the Villa Rotonda. The route along the river Bacchiglione leads to Abano Terme, one of the famous Italian spa towns. From Abano Terme, you can easily travel by bus to Padua, the city of St Anthony. There you will have enough time to enjoy the thermal baths.
Day 7: Abano Terme/Padua – Venice/Mestre/Marghera | 40-50 km
With a light wind behind you most of the time, it’s an easy ride towards the sea. The landscape is full of meadows and fields. This stage will take you to the mainland before Venice, with its excellent bus service into the city of lagoons.
- Accommodation: Hotel Nuova Mestre
- Distance for the day: approx. 40-50 km
Day 8: Departure
Departure or extension on request
What to Expect
3-star hotels with a possible 4-star accommodation upgrade. All places have been carefully hand-picked by us and their quality is regularly monitored. We have tried to choose accommodations that offer friendly service, clean and comfortable rooms and local flavour.
Click to view default hotels
Hotels are subject to availability. In case a particular hotel is fully booked for your desired dates, we will replace it with a hotel of equal value and quality level. We will provide exact accommodation details to you upon booking confirmation.
A breakfast buffet is included. When no restaurant is available on the route, lunches and snacks can either be bought from local shops, or packed lunch can be pre-ordered from your hotel the night before. Dinner is available either from the restaurant in your accommodation or the restaurants in the town where you stay for overnight.
Difficulty & terrain
The terrain is flat to slightly hilly. The only strenuous stretch is when you ride through the Monti Berici hills. The first two stages are mainly on cycle paths and to the south and east of Lake Garda mostly service and side roads. Due to a lack of cycle paths along some sections, cycling on roads with moderate traffic is unfortunately unavoidable. Nearly all roads are asphalted (read more about difficulty grades).
When to go
This trip is available from April until October, departing on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Alternative departures are possible upon request, as the pricing would depend on the size of the group.
Click to view travel options
By train or bus
- There are good train connections enabling you to reach Bolzano. Good train connections from Venice to Bolzano are available for getting back to the starting point of the trip.
- Multi-storey car park in Bolzano costs approx. €70 per week, to be paid for at the time, no reservations needed.
- Accommodation in 3-star hotels
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing by our local representative
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents (1x per room) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Boat ride on Lake Garda incl. your bike
- 1 x pistachio ice-cream on the way to Lake Garda
- 1 x Grappa tasting session in Venice
- GPS tracks
- 24/7 phone assistance by our local office/representative
- Airfare and connecting land transfers
- Lunches, dinners, drinks and snacks
- Travel insurance (required – get a quote online)
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, extra transfers, tips, etc.
- Any items not specifically mentioned as ‘included’ in the programme
- Local tourist taxes
Options, extras & supplements
- A supplement applies to members of a group who require a single room
- This holiday is available for solo travellers; a supplement will be charged as accommodation and luggage transfer costs are not shared (we never mix and match – solo travellers will be accommodated in single rooms)
- 4* accommodation on all nights
- Bike rental, including bike insurance
- Additional nights in Bolzano and Venice
- Return transfer from Venice to Bolzano
- Cycling extensions in the area of Venice