Message from Our Co-Founders
We have always designed our holidays in a responsible way that gives back to local people and provides you with a more rewarding experience. We have worked through many periods of uncertainty and we believe that responsible adventure travel is a great form of wealth redistribution and it is making a huge difference in the lives of many people and the small communities in the countries where we operate.
The welfare of our customers is the first priority of everyone at The Natural Adventure Company. And we also have a commitment to our wonderful team and to our lovely local partners and suppliers, most of which are small family-run businesses who have been disproportionately impacted by recent events. In this respect, we hope that you, our valued customers, will keep travelling, even if that means postponing your plans. Our booking policy has now been changed to enable easier postponement of your holiday – you can read more about this below – and we are offering very flexible terms for new bookings.
Being committed to making tourism a more caring industry, we would like to thank you for your continued support and we hope when you plan your next trip you will think of The Natural Adventure Company.
Peter Duncan & Alex Pazderski
Important: as of 23 March 2020 all of our staff are working from home and will be answering email enquiries as normal. Please do not call us if possible; send an email to your assigned travel specialist or to [email protected] instead. All customers with imminent departures are being contacted by us in order of departure date.
Temporary Booking Policy
We now offer flexible rebooking or deferral options for all customers already booked to travel with us. In addition, we aim to confirm the status of holidays before balance payments are due – now reduced to 30 days before the start of the holiday. The policy below sets out our current booking conditions as of 24 April 2020 and temporarily supersedes our standard booking conditions as applicable, but we reserve the right to change it in line with circumstances as they develop as we will always put our clients’ safety first.
1. If you have paid your deposit: the deposit will be retained by us but may be used as a deposit for any of our holidays departing before 31 December 2022. Postponement on these terms will generally not be accepted until 30-45 days (depending on the holiday booked) before the holiday start date because we are prioritizing our customers with imminent departures and also to allow time for the unfolding situation to become clearer.
2. If you have paid your balance: In this case, the balance will be retained by us, but may be used as a travel credit for (part) payment against any of our holidays departing before 31 December 2022. Please also note that we have temporarily relaxed our balance payment requirements and balances are now due 30 instead of 45 days before departure date. And we would never ask you to pay your balance if we are not sure your holiday can go ahead.
3. There are two options for redeeming your credit:
- You can re-book the tour now for a specified future travel date before 31 December 2021; if the situation is still uncertain when your new date approaches, you are entitled to two free date changes.
- You have the opportunity to defer your holiday to an unspecified future date. All monies paid will be held as travel credit (deposit on a future booking). You can hold on to your deposit for the next 24 months until you feel comfortable to re-book.
4. The travel credits are transferable and if you are not able to travel they can be used by a member of your family, a relative or a friend of yours so they can serve as gift vouchers too. If not used within its validity, we will automatically reimburse the amount of the travel credit within 14 days after the end of its validity period. You, however, have the right to ask for reimbursement in money at any moment after 12 months past the issue date.
4. The value of all travel credits will be calculated net of any cancellation charges levied by local providers to us. We will however waive all our standard booking change fees, and will do what we can to minimize any charges incurred by our local partners and hotels (occasionally applied by certain suppliers).
5. We will not be responsible for any collateral losses suffered by you, including flight costs and other prepayments, nor for any costs involved in quarantining or reorganising travel.