Overview for Corfu Trail Short Break
Corfu, the greenest Ionian island, has the iconic long-distance Corfu Trail leading from the southern tip of the island to its northernmost point. In this five-day Corfu Trail short break, you will start at the very beginning of the trail, where the island is at its narrowest, overlooking the sea to the east, south and west. Following the southern section of the trail, you will walk along ancient footpaths and winding paths above the coast, between olives and cypresses.
- Arkoudilas Beach
- Santa Barbara/ Marathia Beach
- Issos Dunes and Lake
- Heritage olive groves
- West coast at Paramonas
- Strongili village
- Stavros View Point
Itinerary for Corfu Trail Short BreakGo to top of page
Day 1: Arrival. Asprokavos, loop walk if time permits
Arrive at Corfu Airport and enjoy our complimentary transfer to your hotel at Asprokavos (22 km / 30 minutes). Meet our representative, who will brief you on the walks and give you the maps and the documentation needed for your trip. If arriving in the morning, afternoon optional loop walk Asprokavos-Spartera-Asprokavos. The shortest walk of the Corfu trail leads you to the southernmost tip of Corfu, where you will find the ruins of a monastery. You will continue through a forest to reach the sandy beach of Arkoudilas, where you will walk by the southern shore of the island to the northern end of the beach from where you walk up to the village of Spartera and back along the road to Asprokavos.
- Accommodation: Mediterranean Blue Aparthotel
- Walking for the day: none / 12 km, 3.5 hours, 250 m elevation gain
Day 2: Asprokavos to Santa Barbara
Crossing the island to the East through olive groves and fields you reach Lefkimmi. Here, your path takes you through the old neighbourhoods and historic city centre of the town with its many churches. Leaving Lefkimmi, you will descend into the green valley of the Gardeno River. The last section of today´s walk leads you up again, so you will have splendid views of both the east and west coast of the island before you descend to the west coast to reach the beach at Santa Barbara.
- Accommodation: Perfect 10 Taverna’s studio apartments
- Walking for the day: 22 km, 7-8 hours, 350 m ascent
Day 3: Santa Barbara to Paramonas
- Accommodation: Varangouli Apartments
- Walking for the day: 20 km, 6 hours, 150 m ascent
Day 4: Paramonas to Benitses
Breakfast at Sunset tavern on the beach of Paramonas. As soon as you leave Paramonas, you will walk up on paths through olive groves. Once you reach the top, the views over the coastline are amazing. On the descent you pass through small villages (Ano Pavliana, Kato Pavliana, and Vouniatades) to continue your walk through a heathland valley. After the village of Strongili, your way climbs again to reach today´s highest point at Dafnata, from where you have beautiful views. Afterwards, you descend on the road to Coyevinas from where a forest trail takes you down to the coast at Benitses, where you will find many options to have a delicious goodbye dinner.
- Accommodation: Benitses Arches Hotel
- Walking for the day: 19 km, 6-7 hours, 650 m ascent
Day 5: Departure or Onward Travel
Return home or individual stay extension.
Hotels for Corfu Trail Short BreakGo to top of page
Accommodation is in hand-picked studio apartments or small family-operated hotels. Some places are simple, but clean and all have private en-suite rooms.
*Hotels are subject to availability. In case a particular hotel is fully booked for your desired dates, we will replace it with a hotel of equal value and quality level. We will give you the exact accommodation details upon booking confirmation.
Breakfast is always included. Half board option is possible to order. In towns, there are multiple restaurants and taverns where you can sample the incredible local cuisine.
Travel for Corfu Trail Short BreakGo to top of page
Recommended arrival and departure airport: Corfu.
Flight information can change rapidly, and not all flights run daily. Please do check directly with the airlines’ websites or Skyscanner before finalising any booking with us. Please do not book your flights before we have confirmed your booking.
Transfers to/from Airports
Complimentary airport transfers from/to Corfu airport are included.
You will have private transfers arranged for you according to the itinerary.
Luggage transfer is included as per itinerary, and we will arrange it from your current hotel to your next hotel. After check out, you will leave baggage at the hotel reception, and you can start hiking. When you arrive at your next hotel, your baggage will be at the hotel reception.
A comprehensive and reputable travel insurance policy is essential to your enjoyment and peace of mind while on an active holiday. It is highly recommended when booking with us that all group members have valid travel insurance which includes cover for all activities included in your trip. We have teamed up with to offer you adequate cover at a great value from a reputable insurer, and it takes only a few minutes to buy online.
Country Info and Travel Advise
- For up to date travel advice and country info, please check here.
- Timezone: GMT +2
- Language: Greek. In big cities, many people speak English, but in remote areas, this might not be the case. However, most of the hotel staff where we stay speak English and are ready to help you. Road signs/markers are normally in both Greek and Latin alphabet – and you can always call our 24/7 helpline if there are any problems.
- Electric supply and plugs: 220V, 50Hz, two-pin round plugs.
- Currency: Euro (€). We strongly recommend taking adequate cash for your daily requirements. Banks and ATMs are not available outside of cities, but credit/debit card payments are accepted in most places.
Trip Info for Corfu Trail Short BreakGo to top of page
Difficulty Grade: Moderate
This holiday is suitable for walkers of good fitness (read more about difficulty grades).
The terrain is varying from steep and exposed rocky footpaths to cobbled paths and asphalted roads. Routes are well signposted. We strongly advise you to follow only marked trails and never try to shorten the way through the unknown and unmarked terrain. We will provide you with detailed road notes and maps, and you can call our 24/7 local assistance phone number anytime. More detailed info on route navigation will be included in your holiday information pack.
When to Go
This trip is available between 1 May and 01 July and between 1 September and 30 October. July and August are too hot for walking, while most hotels along the trail are closed in early spring and late autumn. If you want to visit Corfu in March, April or November, we have developed a special itinerary where you will walk certain sections of the Corfu Trail, being based in Corfu Town. The flexibility of self-guided holidays means that there are no fixed dates and you can start your holiday on any date in the season – so please indicate desired starting date when booking.
Corfu has a hot-summer Mediterranean climate. For more details, visit https://www.climatestotravel.com/climate/greece/corfu.
What to Bring
Main luggage is limited to 25 kg. On walking days your main luggage is transported to the next accommodation. For your daily essentials, you should bring comfortable rucksack. It is essential to bring good hiking shoes and a waterproof jacket. Below is a non-exclusive list of what you should bring to this trip. We will include more detailed info in your holiday information pack. If you need further advice, please contact a reputable outdoor retailer or us.
- Good hiking boots;
- Hiking socks;
- Several t-shirts (cotton or preferably breathable/fast drying);
- Packable waterproof and windproof jacket with hood;
- Synthetic mid layer or warm fleece;
- Trainers and/or sandals – to relax and wear inside accommodation;
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and lip salve;
- Hat/Baseball cap;
- Personal First Aid kit (wet wipes, flu remedies, stomach remedies).
Included for Corfu Trail Short BreakGo to top of page
- Detailed pre-departure holiday information pack including GPS-checked and regularly updated route descriptions and road notes; maps with daily routes and optional hikes marked
- Accommodation for 4 nights as listed in the itinerary
- 4 breakfasts
- Luggage transport to next hotel
- Complimentary airport transfers to/from Corfu Airport
- 24/7 phone assistance by our Corfu office
Supplements and Extras
- Where individual members of a group require a single room, a single room supplement is applicable
- This holiday is available for solo travellers. As transfer and accommodation costs are not shared, a solo traveller supplement is payable
- Extra nights in Corfu town before or after the holiday
To calculate the price of the tour for a specific date, including the cost of different options and supplements, please click the CHECK AVAILABILITY button above, pick your date and number of people. On the next screen, you can choose the desired options and extras and see the total price of your holiday before you decide whether to submit a booking enquiry.
- Flights and connecting land transfers to first / from last accommodation from/to airports other than Corfu Airport
- Lunches, dinners and snacks
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, extra transfers, tips, etc.
- Any items not specifically mentioned in the programme